Friday, January 15, 2010

How can I stop biting my nails?

Okay, I am now 17 years old and feel it is time to quit the nail biting habit! I have tried everything from nail polish to lemon juice to chewing gum...Please help! I want girly nails for once in my life!How can I stop biting my nails?
What you need is someway to transfer your addiction. Like when I stopped drinking pop, I replaced it with flavored water. Going cold turkey with anything is hard for those with even the strongest will power. You said chewing gum didn't work, so why not try eating a mint/cough drop or something that will last awhile every time you want to bite your nails. It will keep your mouth busy and by the time you've finished it, the urge to bite your nails will have subsided.How can I stop biting my nails?
i chew gum in school, but usually when i'm home i like to bite them too. i paint my nails every sunday to avoid biting them, and sometimes i overheard people talking about how disgusting nail biting is. i didn't want to be look upon like that, so i just kept that in my head. plus i've always wanted to tap my nails on a book and have it make a noise, and that only happens with long nails. the more saliva you get into your nails, the slower their growth. just stop biting for now and if you get the urge, simply stop. germs come from your hands, and do you want to be sick and sneezing everywhere? i'm pretty much fully quitting and it's great :)
i never bit my nails, but i do know an awful lot about biting them [:





first of all, you need to make sure you don't get the URGE to bite them. paint them a dark %26amp; harsh color, so they don't taste good when you bite them.





they also make products you can dip your fingers in to make them not taste good.





cut them once or twice a week so they aren't biteable.





hope this helps!
when i stopped biting....i would paint my nails everyday. give my self manicures every day. carry around a nail file with me every day.





always keep your nails looking decent so you dont want to bite them. if you work on them everyday like that, then you wont want to waiste all that time doing all that work by biting them off! :)
I used to do the same thing but i grew out of it .. I mean if I were you do something else such as playing with something in your hand squeezing a ball you probaly bite your nails because its a nervous habit...
theres this nailpolish that has a peppery taste so youll stop biting.





mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
There is this sour apple stuff you spray on furniture so your dogs wont chew on it. It tastes awful it might work. Also think about the fact that there is more bacteria under your nails then on your feet.
rub them with onions because they will smell bad when your nose gets close to them
just dont bite them. but i dont bite my nails so i just bite my fingers or instead of biting i use my lips and yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment